Calculus Boot Camp

Calculus Boot Camp, an initiative of Interim Chancellor William Kelly, has launched at six CUNY campuses.  In July and August 2014, hundreds of students across Baruch College, Brooklyn College, City College, LaGuardia Community College, Lehman College and NYC College of Technology will participate in free workshops on campus.  Designed to enhance  the skills of students between their spring semester of Pre-Calculus and fall semester of Calculus, Boot Camp aims to give participants an advance look at the material they will cover for credit in a few short weeks. The program is sponsored by the CUNY Central Office of Academic Affairs, and will include an evaluation component to gauge its effects.

Math faculty teaching the workshops also serve as campus coordinators for the program.  Special thanks to Professors Peter Gregory, Jeff Suzuki, Matthew Auth, Mahdi Majidi-Zolbanin, Joseph Fera and Satyanand Singh.  Follow along at #CalculusBootcamp

8 Responses to Calculus Boot Camp

1. lisa says:

I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to thank you for your time for this, particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site.paint by number kits

2. carry says:

This could be a good way of bringing back interest into the science community, but I am still unsure of how this whole “Chemistry Set on a Chip” works. I notice that this machine was made so you are preventing contact with dangerous chemicals, which should be the case for young children, however, this doesn’t have to be done by a machine. There are many safe experiments that can be placed in a modern day chemistry set to peak kids interest and give them a more hands on approach. One such experiment would be the synthesis of Silly Putty, which is one of many experiments that I performed at home to spark my interest in chemistry.Car rental South Africa

3. jack says:

Before the call, confirm all the details including the date, time and who you will be talking to. Be sure you know whether the interviewer is calling you or if you need to make the call.custom paint by numbers

4. carry says:

Hello, I agree with what you said about the necessity of researching toward public good which I think gets forgotten quite often. It’s so easy to get over-focused on a topic and forget about the larger picture (impact of research).

5. sam says:

Words are devices that help us show our feeling and we should know how to use them. Literacy is good for thanking a friend.

6. Pingback: Celebrating Mathematics at CUNY | CUNYMath Blog

7. Ben Jordan says:

I wish i had calculus boot camp when I was before starting freshman. Would have helped a lot.

8. I’m sure these students will be more ready to tackle Calculus by the end of the summer. Looking forward to a follow-up!