Calculus Boot Camp

Calculus Boot Camp, an initiative of Interim Chancellor William Kelly, has launched at six CUNY campuses.  In July and August 2014, hundreds of students across Baruch College, Brooklyn College, City College, LaGuardia Community College, Lehman College and NYC College of Technology will participate in free workshops on campus.  Designed to enhance  the skills of students between their spring semester of Pre-Calculus and fall semester of Calculus, Boot Camp aims to give participants an advance look at the material they will cover for credit in a few short weeks. The program is sponsored by the CUNY Central Office of Academic Affairs, and will include an evaluation component to gauge its effects.

Math faculty teaching the workshops also serve as campus coordinators for the program.  Special thanks to Professors Peter Gregory, Jeff Suzuki, Matthew Auth, Mahdi Majidi-Zolbanin, Joseph Fera and Satyanand Singh.  Follow along at #CalculusBootcamp

36 Responses to Calculus Boot Camp

1. 레플리카 says:

Hey, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring¡K I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!
    쇼핑몰

2. royoh says:

about the necessity of researching toward public good which I think gets forgotten quite often. It’s so easy to get over-focused on a topic and forget about the larger picture (impact of research).

3. tarane says:

thank you so much…….

4. prathyusha says:

Extremely overall quite fascinating post. I was searching for this sort of data and delighted in perusing this one. Continue posting. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.data science courses in Hyderabad

5. 360digi says:

Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing.360digitmg

6. jack says:

Hello, Everything like electricity, heating, TV, WiFi, washing machine/dryer, water, taxes, common fees are included. Just send us details which kind of apartment you are looking for e.g how many bedrooms, which district, renting period … and we will find the perfect place for you. Just fill out the contact form next to the listed apartment. Regards Hosszú távú bérbeadás Budapesten Rövidtávú bérbeadás Budapesten

7. lisa says:

Before the call, confirm all the details including the date, time and who you will be talking to. Be sure you know whether the interviewer is calling you or if you need to make the call.onurair

8. lisa says:

Hi, I like and agree with everything you’ve said. But I was a parent who entertained my older child when she was a baby. I didn’t so it on purpose, but just felt that I should be with her every second. I did much better with my second, giving her time to play and explore on her own. But now my oldest, who is 7, does expect to be entertained. Do you have any advice on how to help us change this habit? She comes to me looking for a playmate, I offer her a suggestion on what she can do, she goes off by herself or I play with her, then 10 minutes later, she is asking me for some other suggestion or to play with her again. It is an exhausting cycle and I would love to try and change it.Compare flights and hotels

9. lisa says:

I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now I am a bit clear. I’ve bookmarked your site. keep us updated.atlasjet

10. lisa says:

I really like your inspiration and thoughts for us this is very useful for us and I have a question and my question obviously affected my project.atlasjet

11. lisa says:

I wanted to start doing (not just in the New Year) but I get busy throughout the day and forget. Now I know that I at least have that much in me. flypgs

12. Gaurav says:

I will really appreciate the writer’s choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more.
    cyber security course training in indore

13. lisa says:

Hi,
    It ought to occur without the show. There are individuals who are against this kind of thing. No one needs these individuals to be glad. These individuals ought to be given assorted films and not told this is a piece of a movement.paint by numbers

14. lisa says:

Thanks for any other fantastic article. Where else could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect approach of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the search for such information.elektronik sigara fiyatları

15. lisa says:

It’s late finding this act. At least, it’s a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act.laikipia safari

16. lakshmi says:

I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information.
    360digitmg business analytics certification course

17. lisa says:

Everything like electricity, heating, TV, WiFi, washing machine/dryer, water, taxes, common fees are included. Just send us details which kind of apartment you are looking for e.g how many bedrooms, which district, renting period … and we will find the perfect place for you. Just fill out the contact form next to the listed apartment. Budapest long term rentals

18. lisa says:

, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now I am a bit clear. I’ve bookmarked your site. keep us updated.christian music

19. gem1music says:

How great is this? Hip-Hop Family Tree has left me with an unquenchable thirst. Thanks so much for providing access to this old-school world!

20. musicyo says:

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up
    https://musicyo.ir/

21. lisa says:

It’s really nice and meaningful. it’s really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing. You have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them useful information.Budapest Short Term Rentals

22. Masker Kain says:

hai how about covid-19 in your country?….sekarang kami kekurangan masker kain

23. Musicdel says:

Hi
    please reply can we share on our website ?
    Thank you , Maria

24. lisa says:

Thanks for allowing me to view this portal which is full of relevant knowledge. We have reviewed the information provided and can claim that this is quite authenticated and we would recommend this to our friends. Vitamin Supplements Online

25. lisa says:

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.christian music

26. lisa says:

I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to thank you for your time for this, particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site.paint by number kits

27. carry says:

This could be a good way of bringing back interest into the science community, but I am still unsure of how this whole “Chemistry Set on a Chip” works. I notice that this machine was made so you are preventing contact with dangerous chemicals, which should be the case for young children, however, this doesn’t have to be done by a machine. There are many safe experiments that can be placed in a modern day chemistry set to peak kids interest and give them a more hands on approach. One such experiment would be the synthesis of Silly Putty, which is one of many experiments that I performed at home to spark my interest in chemistry.Car rental South Africa

28. jack says:

Before the call, confirm all the details including the date, time and who you will be talking to. Be sure you know whether the interviewer is calling you or if you need to make the call.custom paint by numbers

29. carry says:

Hello, I agree with what you said about the necessity of researching toward public good which I think gets forgotten quite often. It’s so easy to get over-focused on a topic and forget about the larger picture (impact of research).

30. sam says:

Words are devices that help us show our feeling and we should know how to use them. Literacy is good for thanking a friend.

31. Pingback: Celebrating Mathematics at CUNY | CUNYMath Blog

32. Ben Jordan says:

I wish i had calculus boot camp when I was before starting freshman. Would have helped a lot.

33. I’m sure these students will be more ready to tackle Calculus by the end of the summer. Looking forward to a follow-up!